Motor vehicles rules are for the benefit of each one of us, not for the benefit of the Government. Since the number of vehicles on the road are increasing day by day and everyone is busy with their tight life schedules motor rules are also needs to be amended accordingly for the safety of the pubic.
The new motor vehicle amendment for the violation of road safety rules by the union cabinet are approved. The new penalties are -
1. Penalty for driving motor vehicles without driving license changed from Rs 500 to Rs 5000.
2. Penalty for drunken driving changed from Rs 2000 to Rs 10000.
3. Penalty for driving motor bike without helmets changed from Rs 100 to Rs 1000.
4. Penalty for driving motor vehicle with seat belt violation from Rs 100 to Rs 1000.
5. Penalty for driving motor vehicle without insurance from Rs 1000 to Rs 2000.
6. Penalty for violating road rules from Rs 100 to Rs 500.
7. Penalty for over speed for light motor vehicles from Rs 400 to Rs 1000, and for medium passenger vehicle 2000.
8. Penalty for unauthorized use of vehicles without license from Rs 1000 to Rs 5000.
9. Penalty for dangerous driving from Rs 1000 to Rs 5000.
10. Penalty for driving despite disqualification from Rs 500 to Rs 10000.
11. Penalty for disobedience of orders of authorities from Rs 500 to Rs 2000.
12. Penalty for driving vehicle without permit upto Rs 10000.
13. Penalty for aggregators (violations of licensing conditions) from Rs 10000 to Rs 25000.
14. Penalty for travelling without ticket from Rs 200 to Rs 500.
15. Penalty for not providing way for emergency vehicles is Rs 10000.
16. Penalty for overloading from Rs 2000 to Rs 20000 per extra ton.
17. Penalty for overloading of passengers is Rs 1000 per extra Pax.
18. Penalty for overloading of two wheelers from Rs 100 to Rs 2000 and disqualification of license for 3 months.
19. Penalty for hit-and-run cases from Rs 25000 to Rs 2 lakh. And up to Rs 10 lakh in road accidents fatalities.
20. Penalty for offences by juveniles is Rs 25,000 apart from 3 years imprisonment and registration of motor vehicle will be cancelled.